Sunday, July 15, 2007

Gerald Jones

Gerald Jones is a quirky but talented writer. Once I often visited his
website not so much for his writing as for information and e-mail addresses of some literary agents I was then desperate to get in touch with.

I found myself visiting this site today after a long time. What struck me, he still continues to lambast the publishing establishment in his own "call-a-spade-a-spade" style. It's nice to learn,though, that he's a published writer now.

Here is from his latest entry:

"I ain't got no phone. I had it pulled 'cause of people callin' all the time. Who needs the aggravation, right? The interruptions."

How cool is it being the world's greatest living writer? Very. If I wrote senseless slop for fame and fortune I'd have to hide out, wear me some fancy sunglasses and run around with an entourage to keep the paparazzi at bay. This way I get nothing but priceless peace and quiet...and the intimation of all that joy my immortal soul's gonna get to have when people finally discover what morons their forefathers and foremothers were. O frabjous day!

No comments:

Search This Blog

My Blog List