Saturday, December 27, 2008

Harold Pinter

What a shame that Harold Pinter's death news did not appear on the first page of the morning paper I read; it was tucked down in a single paragraph in the bottom of seventh page!(I'm changing my paper every year, and may perhaps end up without having one. Newspapers are really a shit these days).

Harold Pinter was such a rare personality: real writer, courageous, outspoken without fear of consequences, politically incorrect, with a genuine compassion and concern for the mankind.

Of his all works, I loved his
Nobel Lecture hugely.

2 comments:

SphericalBlogger said...

Its indeed sad that Harold Pinter's death did not find a fitting obituary. The Indian leading newspaper 'the hindu' had mentioned his death in its cover page. I am a huge fan of Mr.Pinter.










Silence ...being Pinteresque :)

Cheerio
The Sphere

Mrinal Bose said...

Thanks for your input, sphericalBlogger (what's your real name?). I'm an admirer of The Hindu, and though I've not read it for a while, I presume it has not changed the way other Indian dailies have changed in the wake of globalisation. One reason is perhaps its great editor N.Ram.

Search This Blog

My Blog List